The Great Mates is a 501 (c) 3 organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of our members, the yachting community and the community at large by supporting charitable organizations, awarding scholarships and sponsoring events of general interest.
The Great Mates meet monthly on the third Thursday of each month from September through May.
Mixology Demo & Sampling
Great Mates’ first dinner meeting of the fall on September 21, 2017 features our own Errol King conducting an informative Mixology class. He will be sharing free samples and recipes of the latest cocktails he and the club staff have been working on. Learn how to make sought-after seasonal drinks, discover which popular cocktails can be successfully converted to “virgin,” and garner boat- ready recipes and hosting tips to re-create professional cocktails on your own using wine and liquor. Reserve early !! Cheers!
Errol King – BYC
Welcome to The Great Mates Scholarship page! The Great Mates wish to congratulate all students who submitted an application for consideration of a 2017 scholarship. We are impressed with your outstanding achievements and dedication to community service to help others and offer the very best to each for a future of continued success!
Please join The Great Mates at the general membership meeting on May 11, 2017 at 6PM at The Bradenton Yacht Club when we honor and give recognition to these Manatee County students and Bradenton Yacht Club employees.
- Taylor Angel
- Marc Brunot
- Lindsay Buck
- Jordaija Farnum
- Jordan Giveans
- Allison Hawkins
- Nina Jones
- Patricia Payne
- Rebecca Richard
- Gedia Rodriguez
- Leslye Trujillo
As we enter our 8th year, the Great Mates Book Club has read over 81 titles from inception. We continue to have exciting, stimulating and fascinating discussions the 2nd Tuesday of every month and all are welcome to join us! Reservations are never necessary and guests are always encouraged to attend!
2017 Book Series
- January 10 – COMMODORE’S CHOICE: Such Mad Fun, by Robin Cutler – 4.0 stars!
- February 21 – Euphoria, by Lily King – 3.5 stars!
- March 14 – Boys in the Boat, by Daniel James Brown – 5.0 stars!
- April 11 – Lust for Life, by Irving Stone – 4.0 stars!
- May 09 – Night, Elie Wiesel – Trish Ruggiero – 4.5 stars!
- June 13 – Stoner, by John Williams – Newell Yaple – 4.0 stars!
- July 11 – The Deep Blue Goodbye, by John D. McDonald – Russ Ward – 4.5 stars!
- August 08 – The Sympathizer, by Viet Than Nguyen – 4.5 stars!
- September 12 – Fates and Furies, by Laura Groff – Keri Hockett
- October 10 – Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah – Denise Berte
- November 14 – The Light Between the Oceans, by M.L. Stedman – Ann Wolpers
- December 12 – To Kill A Mockingbird / Go Set A Watchman, by Harper Lee – Trish Ruggiero